Our Scholarship Program
Jamaica Travel Saver sells a travel saver card for tourists coming to Jamaica. We also run a travel blog that gives you information about Jamaica Tourist attractions such as Blue Hole Jamaica, YS Falls Jamaica etc. Anyway enough about us, the information about our scholarship program is listed below.
The owner of this website was the recipient of a scholarship (University of Miami). We are aware that school can be an expensive proposition so it gives us great joy to be in the position to give back. Between housing, tuition, books, and school supplies the cost of attending college is an expensive proposition. In an effort to make it easier for students and their families Jamaica Travel Saver and our affiliated website Ocho-Rios-Jamaica.com is offering one annual US $1,000 scholarship.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The scholarship is available to incoming and current students enrolling in an undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate college program. International students are welcome. Please note that employees and affiliated parties of Jamaica Travel Saver and Ocho Rios Jamaica are not eligible for this scholarship. The deadline to apply for the scholarship is July 30th, 2017.
How to Participate?
Applicants need to write three essays. The questions are listed below. State your personal details and contact information at the top of the page, including the following:
- Full Name
- Full Address
- Contact Number
- Alternative Phone Number
- Email Address
- The full name of your School/College, Department/Course
- Graduating year
Answer the following three questions
1. What extra-curricular activities are you involved in? Describe how these activities contribute to your college education and how they make you a better person. (Response should be 300-500 words long.)
2. What are your goals in life? Describe steps you will take to achieve your goals and ambitions. (Response should be 500-700 words long.)
3. As you can see we are in the travel industry. Write a 500-word travel-guide style article listing the Top 5 things to do in your favorite vacation destination.
Interested students should submit their essay, along with the requirements listed above, by email to email@example.com no later than 30th July 2017.
Terms and Conditions
- Scholarship winners will be announced by 15th August 2017.
- Cheque will be mailed out by 30th August 2017.
- Winners will be notified by email.
- Scholarship winners agree to have their name, picture and university information displayed on the website.
- The US $1,000.00 cheque will be sent directly to your university/ college.
- We will run this contest annually.